Monday 1 April 2013

Crazy Cat Lady:










There I said it, I'm a crazy cat lady and this shirt proves it.  I walked into H & M the other day and this shirt was smack dab front and centre.  I laughed so hard when I saw it and obviously I HAD to have it.  But come on, it looks identical to my cat Mika when she was a kitten maybe with a little Sabrina the Teenage Witch flair to it. Remember in the 90's when people used to take pictures of their pets and wear them on their T- shirts?  Yeah, that wasn't a good look until right meow.  I'm bringing back shamelessly exploiting your pets as wearable displays of affection, however with an updated look (one without the bad photo paint editing skills and kitschy font).  As I'm writing this post I also just realized how many shirts I have with felines on it.  What about it?    

The vintage gold chain and those mirrored sunglasses have become my everyday staple as of late and I can't stop.  The denim vest is borrowed from my friend Julia (who will be featured on here someday very soon for her wicked style and shared eye for vintage gems) - everybody needs a solid denim vest and the best snags are usually at your local thrift store or cut up from an old denim jacket.  Sometimes it just takes a little digging with an added personal touch to redefine the meaning of a "good look". 

(shirt, skirt, purse and booties: H & M, vest: borrowed/thrifted, gold chain: vintage, sunglasses: Kensington Market, Toronto, all rings: thrifted, vintage or from abroad, evil eye bracelet: Istanbul, Turkey)





Poor Mika just went through a sugery recently so she's rocking this fabulous cone for the next week.
Needless to say, she's not impressed.  I still think she's purdy.

- Buffy the Crazy Cat Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment